R600a (hydrocarbon or isobutene) is environmental friendly. It has zero ozone depletion potential ODP and a neglectible global warming potential GWP since R134a is less environmental friendly - has some effect in GWP.
Superior applications from performance point of view were developed (compressors) for R600a which can reduce the energy consumption with more than 20%. Superior energy classes A+; A++ can be achieved only with R600a. The compressor using R600a are substantially improved to have low noise emissions compare with similar applications using R134a.
It is accessible from economical point of view being a derivate of natural gasses natural resources.
Usually in the cooling systems is used 45% less R600a than a similar system which use R134a to obtain the same cooling capacity.
The current Rollex Models that utilise the new R600a refrigerant are PE357, PG907 and Pe507.
Since we introduced purpose built vaccine refrigerators to Australia some 10 years ago, we have installed thousands of fridges in a huge variety of situations and conditions. This experience has led us to firmly believe that solid doors offer a better refrigeration option.
- Better insulation Glass door fridges are rated to 32°C ambient (or room) temperature. Solid doors are rated to 43°C. That means that if your room is warm and consider when your air conditioning is switched off, solid doors are better.
- Cold retention Glass door fridges start to lose the cool very quickly once the power supply has been terminated (for whatever reason). Solid door fridges will retain the cool by a factor of 3 approx. That can often mean the difference between keeping or discarding stock.
- Light impact Some vaccines are light sensitive and solid door fridges do not have an interior light to impact on the stock.
- Privacy Many customers do not want their patients to see that there are drugs on display and increase the risk of theft or vandalism.
But everyone argues that glass doors allow you to see what you want first and therefore minimise door opening.
That’s true, but
- Most practices have a nurse in charge of the fridge, and they know where the stock is anyway.
- The use of a fridge map can alleviate looking for stock.
- Because of the insulation properties the stock is kept within range longer.
- Our fridges feature a rapid cool function, so even if the door is held open for a long time, the air temperature is quickly returned to range.
So, for a whole lot of practical reasons, we suggest that you consider a solid door for optimal vaccine storage. The good news is that they are also cheaper!